I Love This Place

I Love This Place
Photo By Matthew Field

Monday, January 21, 2008

Classic Las Vegas

I'm blown away. Not really knowing how I'm going to do this site justice in a review. Let's just say that it is the most definitive Vegas History Preservation site I've come across, jam packed with photos, blog entries, videos, historical preservation group events, links, and much much much more.

For as much information and video and photos that are provided it is still done in an incredibly clean user friendly fashion.

You MUST check this site out.

From the site-
"I grew up in Las Vegas from 1961 to 1977. I did not live in a hotel. My dad was not a member of the mob. I did not learn math by counting cards or by hanging out in the counting room. I had a normal childhood just like millions of other children who grew up in towns all across America.

Less than twenty-five years ago people had a hard time believing anyone actually lived in Las Vegas. But live there we did, just like countless families before us, just like countless families since. That experience gave me a healthy respect for the history of the town.

Las Vegas spent much of 2005 celebrating its 100th birthday, its Centennial. There were the traditional celebratory events such as fireworks, birthday cakes and parades. And because it is Las Vegas, various networks took a historical look at the city’s past. With over 100 years worth of history, I was hopeful that the history of the place that my family has called home for almost fifty years would finally be told. Instead, the same old myths and cast of characters paraded across the airwaves and, as always, I ended up yelling at the television more than my husband cared for."

Please check this site out you will be glad you did.

Here is the link-
Classic Las Vegas Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool site.